Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Alysa Parra
English 60
Cypress College
Post #2
Blogging for Quizes 5 & 6
What I have learned thus far in English 60:
One major area that I have learned is about writing structure.I recall some terminology from high school such as run-ons and fragments. However, writing has become very structured from what I remember 11 years ago. There are so many basic principles that I am now learning such as Independent and Dependent Sentences, Topic Outlines. I feel so out of the loop that I am self conscious typing this blog and essays.

Man's Search for Meaning: The essay was beautiful and melancholy. I would never be that brave to elaborate on such horrific events.

Status Anxiety: I have to agree with Alain de Botton although my agreeing will not stop the desire for a better car, bigger house, and admired family. The need is unstoppable, it will never cease and someone will always end with first place and me in last .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home